Skip to main content

Goodbye Snakes!

So I'm not sure if you all remember the really big snake we had in our front yard the beginning of summer, but I sure do. I watched it slither into a small hole we had at the end of our driveway one day. Since that day, I would go out to check the mail or be outside playing with the kids and wonder if that snake was still in the hole or not. I would expect to see him on the driveway when it rained.

When we bought our house 3 years ago, our driveway had two spots that did not pass our safety inspection. The driveway and sidewalk sloped way down right where these people are...and in that slope was the "snake hole." Well I am excited to report that the city of Kearney came and fixed our sidewalks this month with this Mudjacking company.

This picture shows a great view of where the hole used to be...right in that corner next to that bush....notice no more hole and yep, hopefully no more snakes! I am so excited to check my mail again!!

We did go back this past weekend and fill all those cracks with cement repair so it doesn't look this bad anymore. I was a little more concerned about the snake and safety problem than the curb appeal anyway...but it definitely looks a lot better now!

PS....Hope you're proud of us Phil and Velma, no jackhammering necessary!

Comments