Skip to main content

Finally...one who will give breaks

So when we had Ashlyn many years ago, we were determined to do everything the nurses, drs, etc told us about child raising. One of the first things we were told at the hospital with her was not to try a pacifier since she was nursing. We quickly listened and never tried. When Joshua came along, we thought it wouldn't hurt to try one so we bought a couple brands and he spit them all at us! So we moved on with him as well and just nursed him when he needed to suck on something. Caleb was another story...I remember feeling so discouraged that I was nursing all the time! Anyone who hung out with me for more than a couple hours would wonder or say "wow, he sure nurses a lot." It was not time to feed him, but he would nurse to simply suck or get happy in between meals (not entirely snacking either). Well, I was REALLY excited to try any new pacifiers they have come out with for Jonathan and talked about it during my pregnancy. "This child will be different, and I won't be nursing all the time!" So, yes fellow FCC friends, I am still missing most church services because he cannot make it the 3 hour visit to church without screaming and you better believe it, he does not take a pacifier!!! It's crazy. Well, last week at another swim day, my friend Leah was able to get him to take one. It is an off brand from the Dollar store and he has been taking it off and on for a few days. I am not holding my breath yet, but it is looking a little promising. I had to take a picture of him since it might not continue...I am so proud of him!!

Comments

ginny said…
yeah!!! the is so great! i hope he keeps taking it for you. i used to think i didnt want libby to have a pacifier because she was nursing, but then i lived with her for a few weeks! hehe. they are so helpful.
xo
g
Anonymous said…
He sure looks like he's not losing any meals...He sure is getting big from the last time i saw him...Glad he is taking to the pacifier, I know he liked to eat a lot,,,,The kids look like they got some sun in their faces... Must be a good summer...Phil