Skip to main content

Nine to Ten Pounds...already!!

So we had our 38 week ultrasound today and found out that "little" Jonathan weighs between 9 and 10 pounds today! A little hard to believe at first because the Dr. said they thought extra fluid was making my stomach huge -- not the case after all. The fluid is in normal range and the baby's stomach was too big to fit on the ultrasound monitor! Because she had a hard time with that measurement, she got 8 lb, 12 ounces for the smallest measurement and 10 lbs, 2 ozs, for the biggest. We go to the OB today at 3:30 to see what this all means. My induction date is in 9 days so the baby can still gain about 7 ounces before then, if not more. We are hoping the Dr. today will give me a "boost" (preferably scrape my membranes) and the baby will come tonight or tomorrow (my b-day). We'll keep you posted after the visit today if they do not send me over to the hospital directly today. The baby also had huge cheeks which we think is adorable and we got a great face shot on the screen :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
whoa baby! i'll pray for you while you're pushing!!! bless your heart you are a trooper!
i love you!
Hoban Family said…
Yikes! 4th child or not this one is going to be a toughie! I hope it's soon!