Skip to main content

24 Days and Counting...

As many friends are finding out another pregnancy adventure is beginning for them, I am excited to report ours is ending! I have officially been in "labor" for about 2 days. Beginning with stronger contractions and an enormous amount of pelvic pressure, I was sent to labor and delivery on Tues. There I found out my cervix has dilated quite a bit and have really thinned out. Because my office is so conservative, they are wanting us to wait until Sunday (37 weeks) to try any of our own "techniques" to progress labor. They also would not let me walk the hospital or get meds to harden the contractions until Sunday. So after one full day of bedrest and another doctor's opinion, I am able to let the labor happen on its own now. I am still unable to try our "tactics" until Sunday. Caleb was 20 days early and our goal this time is to at least wait until this baby is 19 days early and not before. SO for now, it is horrible pretty regular contractions and deciding whether or not to go back in for checking of my cervix. I've never started labor without making it start or being induced. It's so weird to be in this much pain and not walking everywhere. I will keep you posted on hospital/dr visits this next week. After Sunday, depending on pain levels, we might try one or two jumps on the trampoline who knows. Right now I am measuring 40 1/2 weeks along instead of 36 1/2. It's just crazy!!!

Comments

Hoban Family said…
Good luck! Send pictures. Sorry we haven't been around lately, but I'll call soon! When you are ready of course!