Skip to main content

The Labor Story

So after that surprising ultrasound visit on Monday that showed the baby was between 9 and 10 pounds, my favorite female dr agreed to give me a "boost" at the visit. We were so excited leaving the office in a little more pain! That night (Monday night) the contractions got much stronger and a little more often. We drove the kids to grandma's house around 1 in the morning and decided to stay there and time them longer. We fell asleep! The next morning when I got up (my birthday - Tuesday morning), I had severe backpain and lost what appeared to be the rest of my mucas plug (sorry for that horrible picture!). We timed them again because they were much more painful, but still about 7 minutes apart. I called my dr to tell them I was having some "bloody show" and to see if I should come to the office or the hospital they told me to go to the hospital. We called my best friend Lisa and all went to the hospital about 1:30 pm. When they check me then, I had progressed to a 4-5 at home. They admitted me and moved me to another room. When the dr. got there to check me I was a loose 6. He popped my water and started an IV. About 4:00 pm, I asked for some Nubain because I would have lost my chance of any pain meds at 7 cm. At this point, I was actually not in much pain - it was crazy! I kept telling Lisa that this was not normal, but I think she was too busy cracking up at my on the Nubain. I felt completed drugged and loopy. The contractions started getting bad about 5:00. They stayed bad until 6:30 when everyone ran in with the equipment to start pushing. The head came right out...then there was a silence pause and a sense of really stress by everyone - even the dr. Lisa was praying with me on my right and John was yelling, "push Deanna as fast as you can." About 10 minutes later, a baby came out with many yells and screams on my part and many nurses came rushing in. His face was really blue and the dr. kept telling me everything was fine, he was just a little bigger than they thought. After a few moments, we found out he was not blue because of breathing or health problems, he was badly bruised from being stuck in my pelvis. They had to push him through my pelvis and maneuver him out so his shoulder/collar bones would not break. Thankfully, everything was fine, but he looked like he was pretty beat up for the first 24 hours. He looks much better now :) This was the dr. that said ultrasound pictures aren't very reliable. We are glad he was 2 weeks early or both the baby and I could have really been hurt. I'm most glad to report, we will be getting fixed soon and will not longer be experiencing this again. Pictures are still coming...we were waiting a little for the bruises to go away.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pics!