Skip to main content

Last minute trip to Colorado

We found out a week before Christmas my grandma had died in Colorado.  She was a fun, sweet lady who suffered from Alzheimer's the last 7 years. I hadn't seen her since she got sick, but had some great memories of her growing up.  Because we are on Christmas vacation and we hadn't been back to CO in 3 1/2 years, the kids and I decided to drive out there for the funeral.  I was nervous since I hadn't done the 11 hour drive without John in many years, but packed up the car and prayed for safe travels there and back.  We left the day after Christmas and returned on John's birthday (the 29th).  It was so nice to see my stepdad's side of the family and see my sisters and dad.  We took many pictures while we were driving.  The kids LOVED the mountains this time.  I don't remember them loving them this much 3 years ago.  They also loved the hotel and food we ate while we were there.  Here is a picture of them with their cousins.  My older sister Karen has two children: Sean (15) and Lindsey (13) and my younger sister Adrienne has one daughter Abby (7 years old).  They have not got to know them a whole lot growing up so far, but it was good to see them for a little while this trip.  I will post more pics soon...


Comments

Uncle Bennie said…
It was exactly a year ago that I lost my Mother, Deanna’s
Grandma.The last year has been a time of both great sorrow
and new beginnings for me. My mother was a sweet lady, who
loved and did everything she could for her family. And I was
honored when the girls came back for her Funeral. Now I realize
the common bond that is there, the Love of Family.
We shared our joys and sorrows as a Family. So when I see
the pictures of the Hanson crew, that’s what it reminds me
of the Love of Family. And for that, and everything I'm grateful.
Hanson Crew said…
Thank you for writing Uncle Beno. I edited my newest post to include Grandma Nancy. I had forgotten it had been a year alreay. I'm also so thankful for the visit with everyone and for the time to reconnect with family I hadn't seen in a long time - even John. Thanks so much for keeping in touch with us! We love you!