Skip to main content

Colorado Road Trip

The kids and I decided to take a short road trip to Pueblo, Colorado where I grew up for my grandma's funeral. We drove 10 hours the first day all the way there. We watched tons of movies and took many short breaks at rest stops and gas stations :) We had a little time while we were there to visit important places to our family. Here are a few fun pics we took along the way or when we made it!
Caleb was super excited when we crossed the border!





When they saw the mountains, they were in awe!  It was a little funny because we knew they has seen them before (3 years ago), but this time they loved them.  They kept taking pictures and videos of them over and over as we drove by them..

One of our first stops was to see the church where we were married in 1998 in Pueblo.  The kids were so excited to see it in person even though they had seen it in our wedding album.

We drove by the duplex where we lived when Ashlyn was born.  We showed her the window in the front was her Noah's Ark nursery :)

We also stopped by the house I grew up in where my step dad still lives. They actually understand now how big their bedroom is.  My bedroom growing up was about a third of the size of their room and I shared it with my little sister.  They were surprised how small it was!


These last two pictures are of my family.  The first one is with my sisters and stepdad John.  The second one is John with my kids.  Precious memories :)

Comments