Skip to main content

Homemaking Together

Ashlyn and I have finally found a hobby we are both really excited about. Sewing. I used some of my free lance money on a new sewing machine this past month and we figured out how to use it last night. We sewed a curtain together for her book nook in the school room. She helped pick out the material, helped pin it together and helped sew it. She is a natural! Our next project, sewing some curtains together upstairs and then making some new ones for the sunroom. Here is our first project, hung up...

While Great-grandma Shirley was here from AZ last week, she taught Ashlyn how to use a pattern. Grandma Shirley, Grandma Sue, and Ashlyn all worked together to sew this fun fall dress. They did a great job! The material is a brown corduroy with lime green and bright orange owls, flowers, and dots. This one was very expensive though, so we might try a different pattern idea next time...
I just love having a daughter! God blessed me with just one and the one he gave me is so much like me it is hilarious. We are really taking advantage of being the only sane people here and are going to work on doing more "girl" things together this fall and winter.

Comments

A said…
Love this post! The Lord is so good!!! I'm proud of you Deanna for teaching yourself how to sew!!! Precious times!!!
Hanson Crew said…
Thanks Allison. You and Josie still need to come over and try it with us soon!