Skip to main content

More hours in our day...

We buckled down this week and started waking up at 7 a.m. each day in preparation for school next week. I did this so our kids might be grumpy that first week at home instead of at school. The plan is working. By around 3, everyone is pretty crabby. But I can see them getting up easier each day. Caleb has enjoyed watching the bus pull up in front of our house while he is eating breakfast in his pjs. I think he will miss the bus the most, but loves the idea of John or I driving him each day with his brother and sister. I think Jonathan is starting to realize it will just be him and I again too! His spoiled self is re-appearing more each day. His preschool does not begin until after Labor Day so he will get me for a couple weeks all day on MWF before that. We have another back to school party tomorrow and then our back to school night on Friday. I will be most excited to bring what feels like half of Office Max to the school instead of seeing it all piled all around my school room. The kids are excited to see their friends again. We are waiting to hear back from Caleb's new speech pathologist (NKC school district) on when that will begin. We have our last Children's Mercy session on Monday. Just in time for his first flag football practice on the following Monday. We are all very excited for the new sport and for Caleb's first time in a sport. More to come on that....

Comments