Skip to main content

Leaving for work

We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday. John got home around 10:30 from work, mainly because of the long day at work for the teams. But he also spent about an hour driving home (it usually takes 20 minutes). He had to weave in and out of parked cars on the interstate near our house because they couldn't make it up a snow packed hill. Then when he got on our street, it got worse. His car didn't make it up our driveway again. This is the 3rd time this winter! Because he was tired and was done driving, he left his car in the driveway crooked....

This morning was a little more eventful! He went out and his car couldn't get to the street right away. But he managed to make it somehow turning his steering wheel and spinning a lot of snow in the air. I saw him turn left out the driveway and thought he was off to work. About 5 minutes later, he came back and said it was horrible. He decided to come back and get my 4-wheel drive car. Well, he couldn't get his car back in the garage. After much effort, it finally made it in. Then he couldn't find the key to my car. I always leave it in my car. After some quiet confessing, Caleb told him it was in my backseat. Apparently, Jonathan and Caleb "played" in my car last night while I finished up some folder organization for a retreat I am planning with Ashlyn and Joshua. They left some lights on in there when they finished "playing." So, my car battery was dead. After wiggling his car in and out of the garage again angled in a way that the jumper cable would reach from his car to mine, he got it jumped! The whole ordeal took a lot longer than he had hoped. But he is off....now he's wondering how the 15 Maids teams he sent out this morning are doing driving in all this in similar cars to his...

Comments

Woah! That's crazy! What an ordeal? I sure hope though that some of this snow comes back for next year... :)