Skip to main content

2011's theme is contentment

A couple of friends get together after Christmas each year and come up with a biblical virtue or theme they wish to work on the following year. They spend time in God's Word that year studying that truth and hold each other accountable on the theme they wish to work on. I have decided to give it a try in 2011. My area of improvement....contentment. Lisa, you are going to have to hold me accountable :)

The reason I pick this word is easy, I struggle with contentment everyday. Complete contentment with my house, my car, my yard, my budget, my children...I could go on and on. God is showing me recently how content I should be with the life He has given me and how this life is not eternal. Christ is enough! I plan to read about this truth daily as I read my bible each evening. My encouragement today:

Heb 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

I plan on talking to Ashlyn about my goal and asking her if she would like to join me during this study. I am hoping she will pick a topic she wishes to study for the year. I am so proud of her for working through the one-year MacArthur bible already. She started in mid-December knowing that it is better to get ahead of the game. She talks to us about the stories she has learned already in Sunday School or at FCA that she is reading through again on her own. We are very proud of the young lady she is becoming and look forward to this 2011 goal she has already began.

Comments

Jennie Caudle said…
What a great idea! I could probably choose the same word for myself...HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!