Skip to main content

Favorite movies of Summer 09

So we are a big movie family. Did you know we met working at a Blockbuster Video during college? Our entertainment budget, unfortunately, does not reflect that love or hobby. So we typically overwhelm our local library with holds on Blockbuster favorites each month. Since the Red Box was invented, we have really used that venue as a means to get all the new ones for free or a buck, which we love! We also have a gold membership at Blockbuster (a perk we were given for being a valued alumni employee) which allows us to rent older movies (2 for $1.00) during the week. The kids and I have started getting some harder to find cartoons this way on home school days after we are done with our homework.

Well, this summer with the move and maybe because of some of the bigger titles that came out, we were able to go to the drive-in a couple times and the "big movie theatre" as the kids call it. John and I were even able to get in a few date nights. We are big fans of our $2 theatre too, so we caught a few that way on their way to DVD. I was reading an article yesterday about the flops and most popular movies of the summer. I thought I would share some of our favorites and least favorites with you (since it didn't match much with the article).

My favorite - The Proposal w/ Sandra Bullock....it is hilarious!! And I mean your stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I think we will own this one someday.

My Least Favorite(s) - Transformers 2 (A little too much sexy women in this movie for me - good effects, not so much on the plot) and Harry Potter's new one (a little too dark for me this time - I really enjoyed the other ones)

John's and Joshua's Favorites (I think) - Star Trek and X-Men Wolverine (He never got to go see the Terminator one that he wanted to go see, but I think we will get it from the Red Box when it comes out). Joshua would say Transformers 2 was one of his favorites too, and I am hoping it is because of the action portion and not the above comment I made - we should not have taken him! He loved the first one and it was not that bad. John was also excited about the GI Joe film, but because it got such bad reviews he is waiting until it goes to DVD.

Ashlyn and Caleb's favorite - Night at the Museum 2 - we saw it at the $2 theatre. They really liked it a lot and I thought they did a pretty good job as a sequel.

So which favorites to you all have? I am still looking forward to the next Twilight movie now that I have read the books in the fall. This Holiday season looks to be a little promising too :)

Comments