Skip to main content

Giving thanks for my moms

I have been blessed to have 3 mothers. One who knew me since birth and who got to share my childhood with and two who entered my life when I met John. My mom, Peggy, has been a huge blessing to me and my family. She lives close by and can enjoy seeing her grand kids when she is free during the day. She taught me about God and helped me learn what unconditional love really means. She also was a listening ear through some of my young adult life. I am so thankful she was able to move closer to us after we moved from CO, and hope we can someday be as close as we once were.My step mom, Velma, is also a huge blessing to my life. She married my father when I was only about 7 and has loved him ever since. Although I did not know either of them growing up, I know they both thought about me all the time. It has been very rewarding to get to know both my step mom and my dad since 1997. It is really neat that John has been able to be involved in those relationships with me since the beginning. I look forward to continuing to get to know Velma and learn from her wisdom, especially in the area of how to love.

My mother-in-law, Sue, and I are very close. It has been very neat to grow with her in her faith and with her through so many blessings and trials. She is a huge blessing to our family and is always there when I need to talk or pray (and babysit!). She is the kind of woman that you enjoy sitting with for a long period of time and someone who most people really admire. Although it is still very weird for some reason so actually call her mom, Sue is by far my mom!

Comments

Jennie Caudle said…
Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a great Mother's Day! I love the picture of all you girls...that is a beautiful pic. Take care.