Skip to main content

Another rainy day

So as I awoke this morning and heard that insane Cardinal charging at our house all morning, I was reminded of how things are really good right now. I don't mean that they are perfect by any means, Jonathan still has croup and wants to be held most of the day, this last week of school is lingering on, and Caleb's speech progress seems to be regressing again. But overall, we haven't been in a trial for a long time. I believe that we go through valleys and trials so God can remind us of his sovereignty in the world and His will in our lives as we try our hardest to do our will each day! His loving hand is there to pull us up out of the pit we fall into and consequences start to settle in. As I was reading another Karen Kingsbury series last night (book 12 so far!) and reading about all the horrible things so many people have to go through in real life, I came to really be thankful for not having anything BIG going on right now. It almost makes me a little nervous that one should be coming any day. We are about to hit a big season of change for our family. We are still on target to hopefully be selling our house this summer and relocating closer to our church and school. John has been researching opening a new Maids franchise, which could mean a short-term move somewhere to get it up and running or many weekends/weeks traveling back and forth this year. Our in-laws are about to see some big changes in their household as my sister-in law and niece plan to leave for a year long mission trip and my in-laws start to plan out their retirement and a downsize in their home. Next fall we will have 3 of our kids in school (Caleb pre-K, Joshua Kindergarten and Ashlyn 3rd grade) so I can finally begin an exercise routine I have been wanting to plan since Jonathan was born. In all this craziness, I really would like to start volunteering at a pregnancy center like I used to do a couple years ago. I am praying that with this season of change would be a smooth transition and contain some clear direction from God. That even though moving right now might be my number one priority, if it not be His will, I would see it right away. Please keep us in your thoughts as all these things start happening this month. The rain is coming down here in Kearney today, but the sun is peeking through the clouds. And I am reminded of how God will be there through it all.

Comments

A said…
AMEN!!!!!!!!!! We will keep your family in our prayers!