Skip to main content

Taking after their brave father...

So yesterday our family (minus the baby) went to Worlds of Fun with grandma Sue and cousin Rylee...man was it the perfect day to go (perfect weather and absolutely no lines at all!) Worlds of Fun is similar to Elitches in Colorado, and has many "Thrill rides." Many of you who know me well, know that this is not exciting for me. I was really looking forward to hanging out in Camp Snoopy with Caleb and Joshua where the little kid rides are. But that is not what happened...
The boys had never been and Ashlyn has not been since she was 3. Their only experience at riding a real ride was at a Kearney Carnival this year where they rode a boat that rocked and Ashlyn rode a pretty fast teacup spinning ride. I wasn't sure what they could handle when we got there. As soon as we walked in, we rode a fast ride that circled in the air pretty high. Everyone loved it! We went on to the Octopus (one of my favorites) and now the "green scary" ride according to Caleb who was giggling the whole time. They drove the old fashioned cars, bumper cars, a real steam engine train, the scrambler, the Ferris wheel and so many more I can not list. Ashlyn's new favorite - the one above, called the Detonator. She rode it 3 times (yes, I only rode it the first time with her because she wanted me to - the other times, she enjoyed it with daddy and Rylee!)

Joshua's new favorite, the Spinning Dragons roller coaster (above). This spins like crazy while you go all around the roller coasters hills...Lisa and I rode this ride at Mall of America and it did not seem this fast...it was pretty funny to see Ashlyn and Joshua on it! Caleb's favorite was probably the spinning ride where the floor falls out and your stuck on the wall...I missed him on that one, but Joshua said Caleb's was laughing the whole time...I cannot believe he actually went on it. They all did a rock climbing wall and Joshua went up to about 20 feet - it was amazing and fun to see him slide down on his little rope!
The favorite of John and the new family ride of the day - The Mamba. This is a very fast roller coaster that goes really high, and one of my least favorite rides there - of course, that makes it John's favorite. Somehow, Ashlyn and I were convinced to ride it with him together...yes, we held hands and screamed the whole time, but I think she really did like it. We are already excited to go back next year when Joshua will be 48" inches and can ride a few more rides he wanted to ride, but couldn't. He is 45" right now. Man, we really recommend going after school starts - there is no one there and you are even able to stay on the ride and go again if you want - it was literally Worlds of Fun!!!

Comments

Wow!! Your kids are daredevils!! I am glad that you guys had a blast. Maybe when we are out there we can make it to!! We will leave Abby at home with Grandma..HAHA
Jamie said…
That does sound like worlds of fun!! I can't believe your boys went on those fast and scary rides! So brave!
Anonymous said…
sweet! i'm so proud of you deanna! and i can't believe caleb went on that ride where the floor falls out!!!!