Skip to main content

Tis the Season

So I was thinking of this past week and how crazy this season is. It was really busy and sure went by fast. I had a few bad moments this week that I wish I could re-do (I usually have many of these) and I had to share. Being a stay-at-home mom is sure fun and enjoyable. Watching your kids grow each moment and being there for all the things they say and do that you will never forget makes life here amazing. Anyway, finishing up Christmas shopping, wrapping, cards, homemade gifts, website work and still trying to keep up with the normal daily activities like cleaning, laundry, and eating sure makes for a long week. My 2 and 4 year old can't quite understand why all of a sudden mommy is too busy for everything....anyway, here are a few highlights of our week that have me so thankful to be back to our "normal" routine.

1. "Caleb I really need you to watch this movie so I can wrap your presents...look at the funny looking little man, it looks so good."

2. "Ashlyn will you please work on your 3 math worksheets faster today so we can work review your time/clock stuff, there just isn't enough time. "

3. "Joshua I need you to pick up your room, brush your teeth, and get your pjs on before breakfast - oh, wait I mean bed, what time is it."

4. "Okay, if we all run to the car, get buckled as fast as we can, we might make it to the post office right at 5...hurry, hurry, hurry."

5. "Joshua, mommy can't make cookies right now because it will just make a big mess that we will have to clean right up and we won't have time to eat them before bed. Maybe tomorrow though."

6. "Please don't touch him, he is happy and I need him to be that way for now - please, please, just listen!"

7. "Hey Lisa, you up too? What are you working on tonight, it's only 2:00 in the morning this time?"

I know it's more enjoyable to see our kids being silly and enjoying their mom, but this week was just not that way...It is by the Grace of God that our weeks are not normally like this past one. We are sure excited for this weekend and spending time together then. We are in for the fun deep snow you can play in and not the kind full of ice, Harry Potter movie, baking, and general hanging out. Yeah! Hope your week went a little better :)

Comments