Skip to main content

Interesting Dinner

So we had our annual fall church picnic this Sat, but because of the rain missed out on the kids' favorite part - the hayride. We also didn't get to have the face painting, games, or picnic blankets spread throughout our beautiful green acreage with children everywhere. We did however get to see something new and even though our family was a little too "chicken" to try the pig, we had to capture it on camera! John and I did try this similar meal in Hawaii at a Luau, but just didn't have the appetite after seeing this one :) Still think of Wilbur the pig on days like these!

Comments

A said…
oh good gracious! they did this about 4 years ago or so and i bucked up and tried it...not too bad! actually pastor tim made me try it! the perks of being a deacon/elders wife i guess. :-) you got off easy!!!
Melanie said…
I don't blame you at all. I love ham, but not when it has a face!
Jamie said…
I think we all know where our meat and other foods come from. And I LOVE me some ham. But to actually eat it straight from the animal (while looking into it's little face) may be too much for me, too!
John Hanson said…
Um, the kids and I ate it. It was good. You were the only wimp.
Anonymous said…
Nope, I fixed Joshua's plate and he said "NO WAY!" I didn't see any pink stuff on Ashlyn's plate either :) Poor Caleb - he can't speak to give his opinion!