Skip to main content

The rough draft

So I had began writing a book for Ashlyn when she was first born with hopes of actually typing it out on an old-fashioned type writer, getting it bound and presented to her as a Christmas gift or something a few months after it was written. Well, six years later, I am on page 15. The story began pretty simple and was kinda like a autobiography of my life hoping to merge into hers. It was pretty humorous and made fun of most of my crazy life of 23 years (at the time I started!) With all that said, I have decided to go another route. I have been reading in the book of Psalms lately and decided to give poetry a try. This book is going to be much shorter and perfect for her to read. I am envisioning a digital 8 x8 memory book where I can put an enlarged black and white picture of her on each page with each stanza in a pretty colorful font overlapping part of the picture, maybe about 20 pages. Last night I got pretty far with some basic thoughts and ideas. It is the first draft, but I thought I would share with you how excited I am to begin again.

God Knew You Would be "Mine"
by Deanna Hanson
It is because of God's sovereign hand that I can call you "mine."
He knitted you in my womb and showed how He is so divine.
He knew we would call you our sweet girl Ashlyn,
and how you would enter this world full of sin.
He knew before you and I ever breathed air,
that we would have similar smiles and hair.
He knew just how long it would be before you came into my life,
and he knows when we will grow together with unwanted strife.
He knew before time you would be an only sister to each brother,
to help you mature into a woman desiring to become a mother.
He knew how much joy I would have watching you grow,
and gave me more love than I will ever know.
He has blessed me with one very special girl,
someone who loves to laugh, learn, and twirl.
Today I praise His sovereign hand in our family,
and everything you have become to me!

Comments

Nate said…
Great idea and beautiful start. I thought of doing something like that when we got Eli. I didn't get very far. We will pray that this is something that you can keep up!
Nate & Lisa