Skip to main content

House Mice LOVE warm houses!

So last week I told John that I heard some squeaky noises under our big freezer in the garage and he didn't seem to worried. "It's probably just a little mouse and won't bother us if you don't bother it." So we never bought traps or anything helpful to kill the little creature. We think it got in our garage because one of our garage doors is broken and does not go all the way to the ground with the opener. So we have to push it down when John leaves for work.

So yesterday I was on the computer downstairs and Ashlyn starts screaming, "Mom, there's a mouse in the living room that looks like Ralph, hurry!" (She is reading the Mouse and the Motorcycle at school) I ran upstairs to find all three kids standing on the couch screaming like crazy. Sure enough, a little black mouse was quickly, and I mean really quickly, running all over our living room rug. I tried to get it under a box and it ran under the couch. I called John who had no real advice but to kinda chuckle. We called some friends who live close by and somehow managed to throw a box on top of it. We had bibles, candles, and toys stacked all over the box so it could not get out. It did! Then we got it again (Amazing I know!) It took us about 15 minutes to catch it and all 4 of us were screaming the whole time! When are friends came, we slid a piece of cardboard under the box and taped it to the box. Then he carried it outside to a prairie a bout a half block away. It was crazy! Now we are going to put traps in our garage to make sure his friends, if any, don't join us in our warm house!!!

Comments

OH!! That is hilarious. I wished I could have been there to see a pregnant lady and her 3 kids running around chasing a harmless little mouse that is probably more freaked out than you!!! I laughed so much I almost wet my pants!!!