Skip to main content

Yah - Only one!

So I woke up today with a shooting pain in my right side, which keeps coming and going this pregnancy and decided to call my ob. Even though my first appointment is on Monday, they wanted me to come in and get a scan. So the office did blood work and an ultrasound in the office to rule out a tubular pregnancy or appendicitis. Thankfully it was neither :) They did find two cysts on my ovaries, which are normal in the first trimester to keep the hormones for the baby alive. I had no idea - they should go away in a few weeks. Sometimes these cysts cause pain so they are guessing that is it. But they did a second ultrasound (the nicer one on the stomach!) to make sure later this afternoon. So long story short, I still have a pain (which could be normal), got two ultrasounds, will still go back on Monday, and most importantly there is only ONE baby with a great heartbeat in the uterus (where it should be!) Yah!!!

Comments

Hoban Family said…
I guess I won't be getting the "Pack Your Bags" email after all. Ha! I am glad you and the baby are doing well, I have gotten those pains too, I really thought Giuliana was ectopic, I was so relieved she wasn't. Have a great day!