Skip to main content

Two weeks later...

Sorry once again for my lack of blog posts.  It has been a busy couple weeks.  Grandma Sue and Grandpa Gary migrated back to Kansas City.  They have become snowbirds and will be spending winter in warmer climates going forward.  John's annual Maids convention took place last weekend in Omaha so our whole crew got to enjoy a mini-vacation up there for a few days.  I have some pics I'll share soon from that trip.

I have been busy planning another Women's retreat for our church.  That is in two weeks.  It somehow helps to know it is my last event I have to plan.  I have decided to become more involved at the Maids, which is turning out to be pretty fun and rewarding.  We are working on some year end goals together that I hope to see reached in December. We haven't worked together for 15 years when we met at Blockbuster Video.  I think it will be a little more fun being married and working together than dating.  But I'll keep you posted on how that is going soon...

This week has been a busy hosting week.  We celebrated Caleb's 7th birthday on Monday night with both grandparents, the Cordova's and Pearson's. Today (Good Friday) we will invited all of the first grade boys over for an AMRY party.  Caleb is very excited for that!  Then we host Easter dinner on Sunday for John's parents, my mom, and the Cordova's.  Needless to say, it has been a huge benefit to own a Maids cleaning service this week!

We have made part of our fall school decision this past week.  We are defiantly sending Jonathan to Line Creek next year where Caleb attended.  He is very excited and we are looking forward to free speech therapy again with our friend Michelle.  We are also looking forward to 5 days a week, full day Kindergarten.  We saw a huge growth in Caleb's social skills as well as his math and reading skills. Handwriting is the only subject we feel he was really behind in when he transferred to FCA in first grade. I am hoping to be more diligent about working on his handwriting when he is home though, as well as these phonogram cards they have to learn through 2nd grade.  This decision came easy when deciding to be more involved in the Maids.  If I homeschool Ashlyn, it will be so much better for our curriculum to be the only ones home on MWF.  I will still have Josh and Caleb hoe on Tues and Thurs while we work.  Jonathan being in a classroom instead of in front of the TV or trying to be alone, just made the most sense.  We are about 80% sure we will homeschool Ashlyn next year, but waiting to decide for sure until school gets out.  If we end up sending her to FCA again, then I will be able to work MWF at the Maids all day with no children!  If I homeschool her, we will still work a few hours those days down at work, but she will bring her work with her there.  I will keep you posted....

I will try to post pics tonight after the birthday party :) Can you believe Caleb is SEVEN!!  I am still in denial.

Comments