Skip to main content

Confusion turns embarrassment

Before I begin this embarrassing story, I must give you some background information. This past year, a family at church along with the Park Hill Clothing Center has generously given us trash bags and trash bags full of boys clothes. It has been a huge blessing having 3 boys all close together! We had the chance to organize our current closet (yes, all 3 boys share one little closet), our storage clothes tubs, and their one dresser last week in preparation for the next season.

So all the boys have some "new" clothes in their given section from one of our two generous sources. I usually divide them up based on size, except for Joshua and Caleb. Most of the t-shirts fit them the same these days. So I tried to pick shirts that would best fit their personalities, color preferences, cartoon favorites, etc.

Well, because Caleb is a little shyer than Josh, I gave him a particular shirt I found. I believe this shirt came from our church friends, but I am not sure. Anyway, it has a picture of 2 monkeys on a tree and one monkey is still on the tree while the other is falling. The title of the shirt says "Silent but Deadly." My first thought was oh, Caleb is kinda quiet, but still pretty ornery. He would just push his brother off the tree and not say anything. I will give him that shirt. The story continues...

So last week, Caleb wore his new ornery shirt to school. After school, Caleb told me that Mr. Richards told him to only wear shirts that are appropriate to school. He wondered why that shirt was inappropriate. I explained that violence is not good and that his school must take it very seriously. Then I told John the story and told him to look at the shirt. Here is where the embarrassing part comes in....John laughed and explained the shirt to us both! Caleb laughed, I emailed Mr. Richards. You see, the monkey isn't actually pushing the other monkey off. He is walking by. See for yourself, notice the trail of smoke behind him....

I'm a little more thankful for uniforms at FCA today :)

Comments

Nate said…
That is to funny!:) I got the shirt right away because that is what we use to say to my brother growing up.LOL!
Lisa