Skip to main content

Where did the day go?

  • Woke up a little late and got the kids ready to go
  • Took Caleb and Joshua to school by 9:30 (well, maybe a little after) - by school, I mean the home of my good friend Lisa who has graciously decided to help them with handwriting, reading and anything else they shouldn't forget by fall twice a week!
  • Hung out with my best friend and printed some family pictures she took before CO
  • Picked up the boys and headed to meet some friends for lunch at McDs
  • Played and hung out there for a little while and jumped back in the car
  • Drove a long way to a Kohl's down south where we had a free $10 card to and bought some Food Network tongs for $2
  • Drove another half hour to Cabella's (a different way home but still on the way by the store)
  • Toured the aquarium, animal statues and all the other "manly" things we all desire someday to own - the boys are thinking a boat...
  • Drove back home to put our new tongs to work on our new waffle maker
  • Ate breakfast for dinner, followed by homemade shakes
  • Caught up with John on the phone about his training in Las Vegas
  • Baths, showers and pjs for everyone
  • Cleaned up the house and put 2 of them to bed
  • Caught up on some blogs and emails and then I'm off to reading the rest of my book I got on Tues - yes, the newest Karen Kingsbury book that I follow. I think I will stay up all night and finish it while John is gone. He returns tomorrow evening - yeah!
I'm still wondering where the day went. Tomorrow I start volunteering at a nursing home with my church (Bingo tomorrow) and my mom is coming over to swim. Can you tell that it helps to stay busy while John is gone. We have a busy weekend too so we are hoping to relax next week :)

Comments