Skip to main content

A Godfather Reunion

When I was a baby, my parents baptized me in a Catholic church. I am not sure which one of them were Catholic because I don't ever remember going to church, but either way I was baptized. And so I had Godparents. But, I never really knew them and my parents divorced when I was 4. So I never had the opportunity to really know either one of them. I met up with my Godfather when I was on my own and about 18. It was neat to have met him and start to keep in contact via letters and phone calls. He actually helped me find my dad too then, which I am forever grateful for. This past week, he came to Kansas City to visit his new wife's daughter. And we got to meet in person! It was a very neat and sweet reunion. Here is our picture at the restaurant we met up at...
I also got to meet his new wife and her granddaughter. The granddaughter and Jonathan hit it off right away (see the picture below - they wouldn't stop holding hands!) It was very cute! Too bad my children acted like they had no restaurant manners the entire time. If that went better, I would say it would have been a very sweet time. Either way, it was very memorable! We look forward to staying in touch more often.

Comments

Jennie Caudle said…
So neat!! So happy for you.