Skip to main content

Summer reading conclusions

The kids finished their summer reading program this week at our Kearney library! Our goal was to finish all 5 lists before we moved (you have to participate at only one library for the whole program). The boys listened to me read 100 books and Ashlyn read 50 chapter books by herself. Caleb chose a cool harmonica for his prize, Ashlyn and Joshua got an art set, and Jonathan got a "Mr. Stinky Feet" CD. We were very excited that we made our goal!
While the kids had their own goal for the summer, I had my own. After finishing my Christian book series by Karen Kingsbury, I went ahead and read the Stephenie Meyers Twilight series. Many of my friends had read it and I was pretty curious. I had seen the movie before I started the first book so I kept seeing those actors throughout the book, which was a little frustrating I think. But overall, it was well written. The storyline obviously is much different than the series I had just finished, but it did have some interesting twists and turns. I do agree with my friend Lori that this series is a little much for the young adult audience who has found it most appealing, but it is a pretty quick read for adults. Now I am looking forward to the next movie in the fall. I am going to take a small break from reading I think until school starts and the new house is in a little order. If you haven't had a chance to check out your summer reading program at your local library it is not too late! Have some fun reading with your kids and win some pretty cool prizes!

Comments