Skip to main content

Our Willow Anniversary

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary and John surprised me with babysitting and a dinner invitation. We went to a small town BBQ restaurant in Kearney and opened presents there. We have always used the table of traditional anniversary gifts for our presents so with that list came our "Willow" anniversary. It was a tough one for me...I finally found a willow basket and wrapped a computer game that John has been wanting again (we lost our old Sims license key so we could not install it on this new computer) in it. John bought me the Promise Willow tree figurine (I've always wanted one of these) so we were both surprised. We enjoyed BBQ and shared a brownie delight dessert, it was wonderful! All four kids managed to be great for their great-grandparents here from AZ. Next year is tin or aluminum so we better think ahead on that one too...Happy 9th Anniversary John!

Comments

Jamie said…
I love the idea of following the table of traditional anniversary gifts. You really have to think and be creative. But at least you know your husband put a little thought into your gift, not just the typical card, box of chocolate or flowers. Although I do really like those things, too.
Melanie said…
Happy Anniversary!!!!