Skip to main content

A happier (and free) workplace makeover

When I am asked what my occupation is or what I do for a living, I happily respond with Homemaker. In my mind, I want to blurt out full time laundry machine. I really do about 2 loads a day unless I take a few days off and then do about 7 loads in one day. As many of you know, I finally finished my old laundry room at our first house because I spent most of my days in and out of that room. I loved how it turned out and loved that I did not fell like I worked in a dungeon anymore....well let me show you what our new laundry room looks like in our second house...

More concrete and lots of unfinished walls! When I was going through garage sale stuff, I found some of the curtains that hung in the windows here when we bought the house. We replaced them all when we first moved in. I sold the majority of them when we first moved here at a neighborhood garage sale. This garage sale, I sold a few sets and kept the rest for my free laundry makeover, which I finally got to this weekend....here it is, curtains draped over concrete and slabs to help make my occupation a little less like a dungeon :)


When I get more money in my house budget, I plan on hanging some drywall and finishing the ceiling, but until then, I am looking forward to laundry tomorrow (well, a little!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
When you go to sheetrock that room, you know you have to build a frame to attatch the sheetrock to.Thats the same as framing a wall in a room.. go to hgtv.com/sheetrock.to get more info...It's not that hard, just that you have to frame it to the floor and wall....Phil
Hanson Crew said…
I knew that silly. But I am thinking a father/daughter project is in the works :)