Skip to main content

Dilation has begun!

Hey all. I thought I would write a little about an exciting Dr. appointment today (mainly for Phil who is trying to make it out for the birth!) I had some fluid problems this past week with harder contractions so figured they would check me or at least check out the fluid bag today. It seems most of that fluid problem was because of an infection so I started some antibiotics today. The crazy thing is that I am really thinning now and dilated to a 2! Since I am still 33 weeks along, of course this was not exciting for the Dr. who has put me back on limited activity/slight bedrest again for 3 weeks. She also has me writing down contraction times and intensity. As soon as she said "we will probably need to do magnesium if these persist", I knew it was bad. So I should be updating my blog more often since I will be home resting more! If I end up going in to labor and delivery the next few weeks for the mag, I will let ya all know. Otherwise, its weekly appointments and the countdown begins. Our goal...38 weeks...the week of May 13th (4 1/2 weeks away)!

Comments

Hoban Family said…
We have our fingers crossed for you!
Anonymous said…
oh girl the "M" word!!!!! YUCK!!! Really do what the dr says, we want a full term baby. If you need to postpone the bible study until 36 weeks or after the birth let us know...no problem!
will be praying for you and love you!!